Friday, December 5, 2008

Christmas Gathering

Hopefully, I don't get into trouble for a copyrite infridgment, but I just had to put the above themed picture on. This was the theme for my church's annual women's fellowship. It was all about the Home: decorating ideas, recipes, gifts, and keeping healthy for Christmas. I believe this was the 5th year for the event, and it has grown by leaps and bounds. By the number of ladies last night, I am thinking either we better hurry up and get the next phase auditorium built (which ours is only a few months old)or we are gonna have to move this holiday tradition to 3 nights. How can I describe what went on last night (yes, it was my first time, but not my last)...Someone said it was where Oprah's big giveaway meets HGTV, there are no better words. Our sanctuary was completely full of women, we had food, laughs, giveaways, (I'm not telling, for those of you going tonight, I refuse to spoil the fun!)and a definite opportunity to share Jesus with others.
One thing that was once again pointed out to me this past month, 1st in one of the CML forum (visit my badge)and now at the Gathering is the story of the sisters Mary and Martha. Of all the women in the Bible I am probably a "Martha", I don't slow down, I am easily agitated when others don't jump in to help. I really must learn not to sweat the small stuff, laundry, dishes, dust. If Jesus was to visit me today, He doesn't care what my house looks like, he only cares about my soul and my heart. I really did enjoy myself last night. I did volunteer to decorate a table for the two nights, but that was very minimal considering the amount of volunteers it took to pull off such a wonderful evening. My friends, Angie, Carrie O, Carrie T, and Stacye also went. Next year I am definitely going to take more friends w/ me! I am also going to add a few new blog links. These are lady's from the church and they have such wonderful ministries to share!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Okay, I am almost green with envy now!! Just kidding, but really it does sound like a lot of fun, and you have to tell me, did you win anything? Well I'm glad you guys had a good time.