Sunday, December 14, 2008

Wilson, OK- Christmas Memories

I grew up in a really small town in southern Oklahoma, Wilson. One of my favorite Christmas memories, was driving through the light/Santa display at the first house located on 70A off of Hiway 70 West. The home belonged to Bo & Be Ward, local merchants of Wilson. There were all kinds of Santa decorations, a house for Santa with a live Santa giving out candy canes, and on the Ward's home, they actually had a reindeer hoisting Santa into the chimney, there was also "A Little Old Lady Who Lived in a Shoe...". Mrs. Ward lost her husband this year. I really don't remember when they shut the display down and then sold their home, but my Moma surprised me w/ something this weekend when I went home...

1 comment:

CanDHam said...

I too, remember driving through the Ward;s lights display. I really believed Santa lived there. What a surprise to see some of th old yard decorations! Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas! Love you. - Candice