Sunday, August 2, 2009

Start It Out Right Sunday- Week 7


Last Week's Start It Out Right Sunday's Post was about Braden's Baptism, if you did not catch it make sure you go back into my archives and read all about it! I did not write about the meaningful gifts that he received. Gifts? For Baptism? Yes, my friend Lynn let me know that it was very appropriate and since it was such a "life" changing decision that he would need great guidance gifts! He did receive three monetary gifts that I'm sure will guide him into some video game craze, but the other gifts he received were strictly for his religious nurturing!

He received a MissionSix CD-AWESOME group, two new Bibles, two Bible Covers, a bracelet, and two devotionals. One of the devotions was from us "The Power of a Praying Kid" by Stormie Omartian along with a necklace with a Cross on it, to remind him constantly of the price that Christ paid for him. Another meaningful gift was given by his Grandma Betty. A Bible that had been presented to Jason(Braden's Daddy) by his parents in 1978 when was 8 years old. Braden is a very emotional and big hearted boy, much like my little brother, his grandmother gave him the gift, explained to him the age and significance of it, and before he even opened the gift he was crying. As a mother, I just love that humility and gratefulness! And I pray that he will always have that gift! (and, he wrote a Thank You note for each gift)


Here Braden is pictured with his Baptism Bible that our church presented him with. For this Start It Out Right Sunday post I am reminded of the fire that young believers have for the Lord. Braden has sat down every day and spent time in the Word, he was simply astounded to learn that people were so OLD in the Bible, "Mom they were over 100 years old...."! I too, pray that I can start my "fire" back with my son this week!

How do you participate in Start It Out Right Sunday's? Please email The4Crow's, you'll be added as a reader then just play along. All you have to do is grab the button, sign MckLinky it will and share in your blog post how you are gonna Start It Out Right, it can be from the Sermon at Church, the diet you will start, the house you will clean, the amends you will make, just anything to get to Start IT Out Right! Have fun playing along, I look forward to reading each week!


1 comment:

Delana said...

Braden seems like a fine young boy. He has now embarked on a joyous beginning of a lifetime of loving and serving the Lord.

Also, I would like to participate in the "Start It Out Right Sunday". Please, let me know what I need to do...