Monday, December 8, 2014

A Very Pinteresting Christmas Linkup 2014, Day 6: The Party, Decorations & Details


I hosted "A Very Pinteresting Christmas" with a IRL Pinterest Party in my home on Friday night. I invited a few of my closest friends for a night of food and fun crafting- yes those are a few of my favorite things this time of year!

Eight friends-a teacher, a graphic artist, a cardiac nurse, a blogger, fellow PTA Board members all coming together for a night of Pinterest fun!

First of all, I took the easy road out and just sent a Facebook invite for the invitation. Yes, I could have got all crafty with that, but decided to save the surprises for the big night.

Here were the details of the invitation:
  • Bring a Pinterest inspired dessert or horderve.
  • This year we will be doing ONE craft! I am asking that everyone pitches in $7 to cover the cost of the supplies. I will need everyone to RSVP by 11/22 so I can prepare the projects. 
  • Optional: Bring a Pinterest inspired gift project that you will be making this year and share it with everyone. 
If I covered the entire party in this post it would be looong and very overwhelming so I am going to give you pieces of it throughout this week.

Today, Monday: Party Decorations & Details
Tuesday: Party Craft
Tuesday: Food & Drink

Okay, so I had these very ugly TV trays.



I always make my daughter use a tray to eat on and craft on. A million rubber bands littering the floor is not fun to pick up. A tray helps keep those contained. I also knew that I wanted to do something with these ugly trays since I knew we would be using hot glue guns in the living room during the Pinterest Party. So, I spray painted them with chalkboard paint. They turned out adorable. I used chalk markers to write sayings on them.


I even used one to put the the mason jar drink cups on. My jars are covered with cupcake liners. I love the fun cupcake liners and paper straws that you can get for $1! 


Then I prepared the craft table. Oh yes, you are getting to see a hint of what is to come in tomorrow's post. I printed off the logo from the linkup and glued it onto white paper sacks, from there I placed the necessary crafting supplies into each for each guest. I laid out the paint, glue sticks, canvases, chalk,  and paint brushes. 



Be sure to tune in each day this week as I bring you "A Very Pinteresting Christmas" Link-up and if you have any Pinterest inspired activities throughout the week, be sure to grab the button below and link-up your ideas!

I do have a few rules:
  • You can link up pretty much anything as long as you "created" it. (A Pinterest inspired/worthy food, craft or DIY project)
  • Keep it family friendly, I reserve the rights to delete any links that are not appropriate
  • By linking up you are giving me permission to feature or show off your project! Of course I am going to link it back to you.
  • I would love if you linked back to my site and mentioned on your blog, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, G+, Instagram or any other social media site about the link-up. Help me spread the word please.
  • Comment. Comment love means so much to others and builds those blogging relationships. Visit 2-3 other links and leave them a nice, meaningful comment. Thanks!
"A Very Pinteresting Christmas" will be 15 days of Pinterest inspired food, fun, crafty days of link-ups that all can be used during this wonderful season of joy. It will run from December 1-19 here at The 4-Crow's Blog. I hope you will join in on the fun, and be sure you are following my boards on Pinterest for all my ideas and fun!


The4CrowsBlog

 photo BlogSignature_zpsaaa2dccc.png

2 comments:

Candice said...

Looks like you're going to be having a fun party! Love the chalkboard idea on the trays! I am in the middle of planning and prepping for a Frozen themed Christmas party for this Saturday!

ShaRhonda said...

It was so much fun! Be sure to catch my post today about our craft and tomorrow on food/drink!!