Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Goodbye 2014 & Word for the Year

2014.

Another fantabulous year of living, laughing, learning and loving at our nest. My word for 2014 was RESTORE. I can say with confidence by reflecting over the past 365 days that I achieved a full focus and emphasis on just that word- RESTORE. Did I get to restore everything I planned, no. But that is why there is a one word focus. 


With this blog post, our family blog wrote 101 posts this year. More than 10,601 people saw Pins from The 4-Crow's Blog on Pinterest in 2014.WOW!  Our year end link up's also received more activity than ever before. I cannot wait to see what is in store for next year. I also have guest posted at several other places including Oklahoma Women Bloggers and Happy First- this is where you can find why I chose my 2014 word..

We now have an 8th grader and a 2nd Grader! I just received the notification this month that I must enroll the 8th grader into high school in January- YIKES! Our lives are still full of sight words, reading, writing and arithmetic. Activities still include basketball, ballet, PTA, and church.

We have had a few uh oh's in our physical health, B has had a few sprains, and Jason a few broken ribs. I probably shouldn't tell everyone about his fight one morning with the shower curtain, tub and toilet. Evidently you don't heal well in your 40's. 

Speaking of 40's, that was a HUGE highlight of 2014. I turned 40 and Fabulous!

There are many words to choose from for 2015. I do have ONE word that stands out, but I am NOT sharing just yet.

As some of you may or may not know I am Happy First's assistant. For five years now Debbie Vinyard, the owner, has asked her readers/followers to come up with a word for the year. We have a group Pinterest board that we have invited people to pin those words/blog posts. In 2015, we would like to do that again, but would also like to feature more of those posts on the Happy First Blog. I would like to personally invite the you to send your Word Posts to us with links back to your own blogs & pages. You can email to: info@happyfirst.com. Here is last year's initial post which included Debbie's 2014 word- ZEN, be watching the Happy First blog tomorrow for her 2015 word.


What is your Word For 2015? Happy New Year from Our Nest to Yours!



 photo BlogSignature_zpsaaa2dccc.png

4 comments:

Lisa Martinez said...

You have me thinking about our word for 2015...a few in mind and will share when I decide!

Shel Harrington said...

My word for last year - the first year I focused on a single word - was "intentional." I don't think I did it full justice, but the focus did make a difference. I believe I was given a word for this year, but, like you, I'm not quite ready to share it yet - I need to grow into it a bit more. Happy New Year, ShaRhonda!

ShaRhonda said...

Yes, the focus is good. I am sharing today- I think. It's going up as a guest post actually on the Happy First blog. Can't wait to hear and if you are looking to guest post that word, let me know! Happy New Year to you also!

ShaRhonda said...

Hi Lisa! I have been working and working on getting your comment to publish so I can respond. The first time I have ever had issues w/ disqus. Thanks for commenting. Can't wait to hear yours. I love the word focus. Words are always easier to come back to and can apply to almost anything and EVERYONE (hint). I think mine is going up today as a guest post on the Happy First blog.