Tuesday, December 9, 2014

A Very Pinteresting Christmas Linkup 2014, Day 7: Party Craft, Lighted Canvas



Have you seen the lighted canvas art on Pinterest? First of all I adore marquis lights. I think I really should have spent a little time in New York City as a young adult. Maybe I'll even get to go one day soon. For our Pinterest party craft, I decided this is what we were going to make. I like the examples from this site and this site. Canvases may just become the new chalkboards. And if you are like me you have already figured out how to incorporate both in your home. My first canvas craft was this summer when I transferred wall vinyl for my kid's rooms.

Items I used:
canvas
chalk
paint
paint brush
wooden skewer
100ct of Christmas lights
hot glue gun

1. I chose to leave my canvas white. You can paint it. Just be sure it dries. Choose your word and write it. I chose a chalk color similar to my paint color. On the blank canvas the chalk wipes off easy if you make a mistake. 


Then paint your word. It may take two coats. Let it dry. 


Then take your wooden skewer and punch holes about two finger width apart. 


Once your holes are punched you will poke the lights into the holes from the back. Just the light portion.  I had to hot glue each one of mine to get them to stay in. 



Look how adorable they all turned out!! (we had to get a group shot before all the lights were


I really love the two that chose to do different words. Love and Hope. 

(photo courtesy of my teacher friend Sarah, she really needs a blog)



Be sure to tune in each day this week as I bring you "A Very Pinteresting Christmas" Link-up and if you have any Pinterest inspired activities throughout the week, be sure to grab the button below and link-up your ideas!

I do have a few rules:
  • You can link up pretty much anything as long as you "created" it. (A Pinterest inspired/worthy food, craft or DIY project)
  • Keep it family friendly, I reserve the rights to delete any links that are not appropriate
  • By linking up you are giving me permission to feature or show off your project! Of course I am going to link it back to you.
  • I would love if you linked back to my site and mentioned on your blog, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, G+, Instagram or any other social media site about the link-up. Help me spread the word please.
  • Comment. Comment love means so much to others and builds those blogging relationships. Visit 2-3 other links and leave them a nice, meaningful comment. Thanks!
 "A Very Pinteresting Christmas" will be 15 days of Pinterest inspired food, fun, crafty days of link-ups that all can be used during this wonderful season of joy. It will run from December 1-19 here at The 4-Crow's Blog. I hope you will join in on the fun, and be sure you are following my boards on Pinterest for all my ideas and fun!

The4CrowsBlog

 photo BlogSignature_zpsaaa2dccc.png

5 comments:

Kitchen Kelli said...

I love these! Shared on my Community page!!

ShaRhonda said...

Thank you! And Thank YOU! I absolutely love all of them together, it was a lot of fun making them. They all turned out beautiful.

Amy Harris said...

These are so cute!

Susan Meyers said...

Beautiful artwork - it looks like everyone had fun!

Jordan said...

So cool! Love this.