Thursday, December 6, 2012

A Very Pinteresting Christmas Day 4: The Party Part 4


A Very Pinteresting Christmas" Linkup with The 4-Crow's began Monday. This week I am taking all five days to tell you about the IRL Pinterest Party that I hosted in my home last Friday night. If I covered the entire party in one post it would be looong and very overwhelming so I am breaking it into pieces throughout this week. Today is Part 4: Crafts. Girls, did we ever craft.
(instructions & pin links are highlighted)
  1. Day 1: Intro & Snapshots
  2. Day 2: Party Food
  3. Day 3: Drinks
  4. Day 4: Crafts
  5. Day 5: Door Prizes

Glass Etching, anyone? We had a total of 15 glass etching projects, ranging from wine glasses to mirrors! Let me just say, every one of them turned out perfect. My guests were told ahead of time that we would be etching. They had to inform me WHAT they were etching and LETTERS to etch. I cut all the letters out ahead of time and had them in bags waiting. Now that was a lot of preparation. Here is a collage of the work in progress and a few of the beautiful results. I think all 11 of the 15 ended up being Christmas presents for someone else.

While the etching solution was working its magic, I knew we would have approximately one hour to wait so I planned another "surprise" craft. A few of the ladies who attended A Christmas Gathering with me at my church already knew what I had planned- it was one of my centerpieces. We made Book Trees. Yes, I tore up a few paperback books for this project. They were well read and one paid us back dearly by getting "real ink" all over our hands. The way I look at it though, at least I didn't sell it in a garage sale for 25 cents and not know its true destiny. This way the book always is treasured in the homes of my friends at Christmas. Right?


As I said these trees make lovely centerpieces or just an added touch of "vintage" to your holiday decorating. 
Be sure to tune in each day this week as I bring you "A Very Pinteresting Christmas" Linkup and if you have any Pinterest inspired activities throughout the week, be sure to grab the above button and linkup your ideas! "A Very Pinteresting Christmas" will be 15 days of Pinterest inspired food, fun, crafty days of linkups that all can be used during this wonderful season of joy. It will run from December 3-21 here at The 4-Crow's. I hope you will join in on the fun!

Pin It

No comments: