Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A Very Pinteresting Christmas: The 12-12-12 Birthday Boy

Today's A Very Pinteresting Christmas with The 4-Crow's is a little outside of Christmas. You see, I have to take a break from thinking about trees, decorations, food etc, to celebrate my son's birthday. 
Today is a special birthday. He turns 12 on 12-12-12. Not only his Golden Birthday, but also a day that none of us will probably see again, the next time 12-12-12 rolls around it will be in the year 2112. Braden will be 112 and I will be 138. Kind of puts things in perspective doesn't it?

12-12-00. See I told you he was perfect!

I'll be honest, 12 years ago when I scheduled to be induced on this day, I never looked ahead or even thought about the date. What was I thinking about 12 years ago today? Anxiously awaiting the arrival of my precious baby boy. I was induced at 6:30 that morning, the audience included my Moma, sister, and my 19 month old niece Jadyn. All day long, we waited in great anticipation, while watching the ice storm of 2000 outside Mercy Memorial Hospital in OKC. We had many phone calls that day, including my SIL, who was also at a nearby hospital w/ my nephew Seth, he was still in the hospital after his premature birth August 18. And then, at 8 PM, I knew it was time. We begin the counting literally, Jadyn, my niece who was 19 months old that day, learned to count to 10 that night! At 8:20, I delivered the most beautiful baby boy in the world. 7lbs 9oz and 19 inches long. Now 12 years later, he weighs in at 121 lbs is 5'8" and is active in football, basketball and video games!
My 12 year old little man! Still just as perfect and handsome!

For this special birthday, we are having a party. He has invited his friends- boys & girls! We chose CiCi's- I decided that I might be able to fill up some 12 year olds there with dinner & video games. I asked the guests that if they wanted to bring a gift to bring it by the DOZEN! The most creative will be given a special prize! We will also be doing  photo booth pics. I can't wait to see the fun pics! I found these two sites on Pinterest and made my own props. 





I also made my own DOZEN gift, inspired of course by Pinterest. I made it a LOT differently though. I only wanted 12 items in it so I couldn't make it according to their directions.


Items needed:
Six 12 oz Dr. Pepper's
Six pack of Snickers Bars
One 16.9 oz bottle of Dasani
Ribbon
Tape
Scissors
Curly Ribbon
Candles
Cake board

I put the Dasani bottle cap end down in the middle of the cake board. Arranged the Dr. Pepper around it. Then taped the Snickers onto the Dasani bottle. I stuck the curly ribbon down in the top and taped the ribbon around the bottom of both layers. Easy Peasy. I did make a girly bow on top and hot glued the 12 candles on. I hope he doesn't mind.

I promise I will post pics of the celebration later in the week. Be sure you leave a comment or stop by my Facebook page and wish my little man a Happy Birthday!


What Pinterest Projects are you making/doing this Christmas? Be sure to tune in each day this week as I bring you "A Very Pinteresting Christmas" Linkup and if you have any Pinterest inspired activities throughout the week, be sure to grab thebutton and linkup your ideas! "A Very Pinteresting Christmas" will be 15 days of Pinterest inspired food, fun, crafty days of linkups that all can be used during this wonderful season of joy. It will run from December 3-21 here at The 4-Crow's. I hope you will join in on the fun!
Happy 12th Birthday my Little Man!
 I love you!!!
Pin It

No comments: