Friday, December 7, 2012

The Rise of the Dragon Riders: Book Review of Local Author Sandy Sharp Thomas's New Book


I had the honor of meeting new author and now friend Sandy Sharp Thomas at Women's Lunch Club in October founded by fellow RHOK Star, Jen Lyness/Mrs. Montgomery.

I'm always excited to hear that our local community as well as state of Oklahoma has published authors. When Sandy was talking about her book that was published October 16, 2012, I was intrigued. I thought this is going to be a book that will be perfect for my almost 12 year old- I'm doing everything I can do to get this boy to read more. Dragon Riders are similar to Harry Potter movies, right?
I am not a HP fan. He is.

Needless to say, he still hasn't read the book. I got to read it first!

About the Book:
Jakob is captured before he and Silas can escape the dangerous village they grew up in. Soon Silas can escape the dangerous village they grew up in. Soon Silas is running from murderous beasts and into a new life filled with new friends, Dragon Riders, and a King. It become the adventure of a lifetime as cities are attacked and war begins. The Kingdom gathers to face this ominous threat to their very existence. Silas and his new-found friends must join together to rise up and defeat the darkness.

While reading, I was immediately drawn in. Without giving much away, this book is written for everyone, but Christians will see the correlations and Biblical struggles between good and evil. I love how Sandy weaved the preparation for war and the relationships between the characters to work for a common goal.

You always know its a good book when the reader wants more. I was sad to read the last page and was left wanting to know more after all, I've got love, battle and sickness hanging.
 Aren't those all the great elements of a fantastic book? The good news for me and other readers of this book, is #2 is almost finished and #3 is in the beginning stages.

You can get your own copy of The Dragon Riders at Amazon.

Pin It

4 comments:

6happyhearts said...

Can't wait to finish this book!

Alan Bates said...

Sounds interesting. I am reading more and more young adult fiction just cause the emphasis is more on the story and less on other factors.

The 4-Crow's said...

I was the same way. I just had to know what was going to happen & how.

The 4-Crow's said...

It definitely does that. I could say so much more, but I would spoil. ;-)