Tuesday, December 11, 2012

A Very Pinteresting Christmas: Day 7, Christmas Wreath

Today's A Very Pinteresting Christmas project, didn't exactly come from one specific pin. Maybe just pinspiration from around the boards. You know an idea of this, an idea from that. 
I wanted a Christmas wreath this year. This is the first year I have ever hung wreaths on my front door. I didn't think I could. Seriously. My front door has a decorative glass insert on it and I didn't think you were supposed to cover it up. Who made the rule of front door wreath hanging etiquette?


The wreath that adorns my door this Christmas!


Items needed: matte Mod Podge, a piece of recycled tissue paper, scissors, box knife, paint brush and a wooden letter.
Lay the tissue pare on top of the letter. Using scissors cut it a close to  letter shape as possible.
Take your box knife and carefully trim around the edges.


Mod Podge a layer over the white letter, then add the tissue paper on top. Smooth out and then layer Mod Podge over the tissue paper. A few coats should do.

After it dried I tied a piece of burlap ribbon around the top of the C- is anyone else loving burlap like I am this year? I then added the bow on the green wreath. Both items are still separate, the C and the wreath are both hanging on the wreath holder. (I might want to do something else next year, and my C can stay out until February/March with a different wreath) 

What Pinterest Projects are you making this Christmas? Be sure to tune in each day this week as I bring you "A Very Pinteresting Christmas" Linkup and if you have any Pinterest inspired activities throughout the week, be sure to grab the above button and linkup your ideas! "A Very Pinteresting Christmas" will be 15 days of Pinterest inspired food, fun, crafty days of linkups that all can be used during this wonderful season of joy. It will run from December 3-21 here at The 4-Crow's. I hope you will join in on the fun!

Pin It

No comments: