Monday, December 2, 2013

A Very Pinteresting Christmas Day 1: Santa Hand Ornament

The4Crows




I love, love, love homemade ornaments. I can promise you today's ornament will not be the only ornament you will see during these 15 days. Today's ornament is special because I had a helping "hand" in making it. 

See this little guy. I spend a lot of time with him. I love him. Like my own. His Mommy LOVED  her ornament and he made a great impression if I say so myself. 


I  found this pin and decided to try it. (sorry, I don't embed anymore, when I do the pics disappear and make my posts ugly) 

I mixed together 1/2 cup salt, 1/2 cup flour and 1/4 cup of water. Kneaded until dough formed.  I did have enough dough to make two ornaments. Rather thick ornaments. 


Then we made a hand impression and I cut the shape out with a butter knife leaving a border. Poke a hole in the top. A good sized hole, for hanging. I DID NOT bake like the directions said, instead I let dry for about 5 days and then sealed with acrylic spray, then painted with acrylic paints, using a fine black sharpie for black details and sealed again using Mod Podge. 

Be sure to tune in each day this week as I bring you "A Very Pinteresting Christmas" Linkup and if you have any Pinterest inspired activities throughout the week, be sure to grab the above button and linkup your ideas! "A Very Pinteresting Christmas" will be 15 days of Pinterest inspired food, fun, crafty days of linkups that all can be used during this wonderful season of joy. It will run from December 2-20 here at The 4-Crow's. I hope you will join in on the fun!

 photo BlogSignature_zpsaaa2dccc.png

No comments: