Monday, December 16, 2013

A Very Pinteresting Christmas Day 11: Cinnamon Cream Cheese Taquitos

The4Crows


My family NEVER eats an entire loaf of bread. Does yours? I usually feed the birds our old bread. But now I have found a way to feed the CROWS the bread before it gets old. 

Cinnamon Cream Cheese Taquitos.

Just the name sounds yummy right. I found this pin, and had to try it. 







Ingredients:
8 ounces cream cheese (one package) softened a little
1 cup white granulated sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup white granulated sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon 
1 loaf white bread

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350F. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and 1 cup sugar, set aside.

In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon, pour onto small plate, set aside.

Melt butter in a small bowl, set aside.

Using a rolling pin or glass, roll  bread completely flat. Try to get them as flat as you can. Try not to tear. 

Place about one tablespoon cream cheese filling on bread and roll it up like a taquito. I spread mine with a butter knife. Carefully dip wrap in butter and roll in cinnamon mixture on the plate. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet, and bake for 18-20 minutes or until a little crispy on the outside. 

I get about a dozen out of this recipe. I did mine slightly different than the original pin. I use my bread crust and she uses a different type of bread.

My kids loved this recipe! 

Be sure to tune in each day this week as I bring you "A Very Pinteresting Christmas" Linkup and if you have any Pinterest inspired activities throughout the week, be sure to grab the above button and linkup your ideas! "A Very Pinteresting Christmas" will be 15 days of Pinterest inspired food, fun, crafty days of linkups that all can be used during this wonderful season of joy. It will run from December 2-20 here at The 4-Crow's. I hope you will join in on the fun!
 photo BlogSignature_zpsaaa2dccc.png

No comments: