Friday, December 20, 2013

A Very Pinteresting Christmas Day 15: For the Teachers

The4Crows


I can't believe today is the last day of 2013's A Very Pinteresting Christmas. I have had so much fun bringing you all the food, fun and crafts that I have found on Pinterest this year. If you missed any of my days, be sure to go back and check them out. Today is for the Teachers in my life, I mean my children's lives. I love those special people.

I made Peppermint Puppy Chow and Crow Bars for B's teachers and found these cute little Chevron bag toppers to go on the snack size baggies. How cute are these?  Perfect for a 13 year old boy to give to his Middle School techers, not too babyish, but then again the teachers still know his Moma made the treats so they are safe to eat. They even had guides to help me cut them perfectly. KUDOS to balancinghome.com


Miss K's teacher gets this:



I'm pretty pumped about this one. If you recall on Day 7, I told you about the craft we made during the Pinterest Party. It was these chalkboard clipboards. I followed the same exact steps but made my own template with her name and stick figure. I figure she can use it as a decoration outside her door or actually use it to take notes on. 


I prepared the clipboards ahead of time. I really do like the spray chalkboard paint.


Then I used wax paper, wax side down. The direction called for transfer paper. I still do not have a clue what transfer paper is. Then I centered the design sheet over the wax paper/clipboard and begin tracing over the letters with a pencil. 


 The wax left an impression like this.



I took a fine point white paint pen and when over where I had traced. Once dry, I lightly sanded over the letters to give it more of the chalk effect. 


Thank you for tuning in each day this week as I brought you "A Very Pinteresting Christmas" Linkup and if you have any Pinterest inspired activities throughout the week, be sure to grab the above button and linkup your ideas! "A Very Pinteresting Christmas" was 15 days of Pinterest inspired food, fun, crafty days of linkups that all can be used during this wonderful season of joy. It ran from December 2-20 here at The 4-Crow's.

 photo BlogSignature_zpsaaa2dccc.png

No comments: