Wednesday, December 4, 2013

A Very Pinteresting Christmas Day 3: Cupcake Liner Christmas Trees

The4Crows


I pinned today's project last year and actually bought the supplies last year as well to make but ran out of time. Who does that? Obviously me. 

Cupcake Liner Christmas Trees


Taking pictures during this project was a little hard. First of all, you must make your cones. I used scrapbook paper and tape. I tried getting the point as pointy as possible. Their not perfect. You can't tell once finished. Then you cut the bottom circles out of the liners. Then I began from the bottom of the cone and hot glued. You will use two liners to begin with and have to cut them down as you go. It is okay to piece them together to avoid waste. I think they turned out very cute. And when my almost teen son voices his NEAT approval, I say I have either trained him well or I have done something well- maybe both! 


I used these as a centerpiece at my church's annual "A Christmas Gathering". I decorated 6 tables! We just celebrated our 10th anniversary of this event at our church. What is this you ask? Basically theChurch.at's version of Oprah's favorite things! I think this makes my 7th year to attend and probably 5th year to decorate tables. I don't know maybe that is too many, I lose track. It's funny because one year when we were a much smaller event, I even volunteered to make desserts. I took in about 10 platters and we still ran out. It is needless to say this event has grown like our church has. We hosted over 3000 at both our BattleCreek and Midtown campuses on Novemeber 21 and 22. If you have never been to this event, I encourage you to mark your calendars now for the first weekend in October and start looking for ticket sales- they sell out fast! 
Be sure to tune in each day this week as I bring you "A Very Pinteresting Christmas" Linkup and if you have any Pinterest inspired activities throughout the week, be sure to grab the above button and linkup your ideas! "A Very Pinteresting Christmas" will be 15 days of Pinterest inspired food, fun, crafty days of linkups that all can be used during this wonderful season of joy. It will run from December 2-20 here at The 4-Crow's. I hope you will join in on the fun!

 photo BlogSignature_zpsaaa2dccc.png

No comments: