Thursday, December 12, 2013

A Very Pinteresting Christmas Day 9: Christmas Chalk Art

The4Crows




One of the gifts we received at my church's annual A Christmas Gathering was this fabulous two sided chalkboard. I love it. I think I have mentioned time and time again how much I love chalk art. Today I am going to tell you an EASY way to do this yourself. 

Handy George is one of my favorite fonts. It's FREE. Download it and install to your Word program. Find a quote you want to put on your chalkboard- make sure you season your board first if its new. What does season mean? Take the flat side of a piece of chalk and rub it all over the board then erase/wipe off. If you don't then you will have permanent marks all over your board from the first thing you wrote. 


I pinned this picture last year. Loved it. I have since seen a gazillion different versions. 

Anyway, once you pick out your saying, go to your Word program and size it accordingly. Mine font size is 114 and my margins as narrow as can be to fit on one page. I just used one font for this small space and was pretty simple, but you can get as extravagant as you want. But it doesn't have to be on one page. Also remember you can do this in PicMonkey or Photoshop and can send it to your favorite photo copy place to have made as big as you need. 

After printing take chalk to the backside of your print over the letters. 


Then you will tape the paper onto your chalkboard and begin tracing with a pencil.



The chalk from the underside will rub off and look like this.


Then take your chalk and go over the chalk lines. I like to use chalk markers.  Then you have this beautiful chalk art to display. Fun. Fun. 

Be sure to tune in each day this week as I bring you "A Very Pinteresting Christmas" Linkup and if you have any Pinterest inspired activities throughout the week, be sure to grab the above button and linkup your ideas! "A Very Pinteresting Christmas" will be 15 days of Pinterest inspired food, fun, crafty days of linkups that all can be used during this wonderful season of joy. It will run from December 2-20 here at The 4-Crow's. I hope you will join in on the fun!

 photo BlogSignature_zpsaaa2dccc.png

No comments: