Friday, December 13, 2013

A Very Pinteresting Christmas Day 10: Basketball Cake

The4Crows


I have to take a little break from Christmas in December to celebrate a very special day. The birth of my first born. My son. His birthday was yesterday. This was no ordinary birthday. He became a teen. Yikes. I have a teenager in my house. Actually I have been seeing the signs for a while now. Weird smells, a changing voice, peach fuzz, the know it all attitude. 

13 years ago I was blessed with the wonderful gift that I call my son! He is kind, compassionate, and has a heart bigger than Dallas! Above all he loves Jesus! Happy Birthday Braden Chase!

This year I decided to make his cake. Pinterest inspired of course. Anyone that knows my little man knows that he is all about he hoops. I found this pin originally and it would have been so much easier to make, but then I found this one and decided to try it since I had the ball cake pan. I think I used it for his 2nd birthday and have loaned it out several times since. 

Here is the final result. 


I used a Pillbury chocolate cake, tinted a can of white icing a peachy/brown color and then decorated it with Reece's Pieces. The 19oz Family size contains plenty of brown and orange to decorate this cake. Just try not to eat too many of the yellow ones. 
Be sure to tune in each day this week as I bring you "A Very Pinteresting Christmas" Linkup and if you have any Pinterest inspired activities throughout the week, be sure to grab the above button and linkup your ideas! "A Very Pinteresting Christmas" will be 15 days of Pinterest inspired food, fun, crafty days of linkups that all can be used during this wonderful season of joy. It will run from December 2-20 here at The 4-Crow's. I hope you will join in on the fun!

 photo BlogSignature_zpsaaa2dccc.png

No comments: