Tuesday, December 3, 2013

A Very Pinteresting Christmas Day 2- Snow Family Ornament

The4Crows


Remember yesterday when I told you I had extra dough to make another ornament? My little "helping" hand made another tree ornament for his Mommy. 


I saw this pin and loved it. Of course it is a private blog and doesn't come with directions. So I took half of the Salt Dough Ornament Recipe (see below) and had Baby E. impress his hand. I let it air dry for 5 days and then, sealed with acrylic seal. Then I painted it white. I used a fine tip sharpie marker/pen to make the snow men and acrylic paint to give the snow people their hats, scarves and buttons. 

Salt Dough Recipe
1/2 C Salt
1/2 C Flour
1/4 water (can add more if needed)
Add all ingredients together in a bowl, knead until dough forms 

Form dough into shape desired. Don't forget to poke a hole in the ornament so you can hang it! It is better to let air dry, make sure you air dry on both sides! Seal before painting and after. I use acrylic seal before and Mod Podge after. 


Baby E of course has five members in his family so this ornament is perfect.

Be sure to tune in each day this week as I bring you "A Very Pinteresting Christmas" Linkup and if you have any Pinterest inspired activities throughout the week, be sure to grab the above button and linkup your ideas! "A Very Pinteresting Christmas" will be 15 days of Pinterest inspired food, fun, crafty days of linkups that all can be used during this wonderful season of joy. It will run from December 2-20 here at The 4-Crow's. I hope you will join in on the fun!

 photo BlogSignature_zpsaaa2dccc.png

No comments: