Wednesday, December 18, 2013

A Very Pinteresting Christmas Day 13: Our 2013 Christmas Eve Gift for the Neighbors, Snow Button Ornaments

The4Crows


If you are a neighbor of mine, stop reading this post right NOW! Take your mouse to the upper right corner of your screen and hit the "X" button. Thank you. Whew, now that the nosy neighbors have quit reading this post I can share with you their Christmas Eve Gift. 


On Christmas Eve, before my children are allowed to open one single gift, they take a special gift to each of our neighbors. This has been a tradition of our now for 10 years. I believe that it instills in my kids that it is better to give than receive and that giving of oneself is the greatest gift we can give to others. I try to make it a crafty gift and have even baked. This year's gift is an ornament. A snowman ornament. I found this pin and immediately knew it was the one. Now I know mine is not as fancy as hers, she is a professional with an Etsy shop and all. 

Here is what we did: (we includes my 6 year old daughter)

1. Cut 4.5" shape with Cricut 




2. Painted three different sized buttons white, glued them on


3. Used scripture stamps to put a verse on the shape

4. Made a tiny fork bow for snowman out of bakers twine 
 (yeah this can be done, watch this video


5. Hole punched top and made a hanger out of bakers twine

I think they turned out pretty cute, and will be a yearly reminder of my kids to the neighbors for years to come! 


Be sure to tune in each day this week as I bring you "A Very Pinteresting Christmas" Linkup and if you have any Pinterest inspired activities throughout the week, be sure to grab the above button and linkup your ideas! "A Very Pinteresting Christmas" will be 15 days of Pinterest inspired food, fun, crafty days of linkups that all can be used during this wonderful season of joy. It will run from December 2-20 here at The 4-Crow's. I hope you will join in on the fun!
 photo BlogSignature_zpsaaa2dccc.png

No comments: